Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Great Bottle Strike!


Call me picky but I'm just not all that in to the bottle these days. I didn't even have my first bottle until I was 4 weeks old or so, and then I had a couple here and there. I even took a bottle for the whole day when Mom and Dad went to a wedding, and as recently as the first week in August. Well, Nana tried to give me a bottle while Mom was out getting a much-needed massage (did I tell you I woke up three times the last few nights? Chalk it up to a growth spurt!) and I freaked out! That's not how I eat! Plus, I heard all about the BPA chemical in baby bottles and I want nothing to do with that. (Interjection from Mom: Fear not, the bottles I use for pumping and feeding you are BPA-free, of course!) You might have fooled me when I was a younger, more naive lad but not any more! I just held out until Mom came home and felt bad for me. I saw them reading a book for tips on how to reintroduce the bottle ... they better not try any funny business. I'm on to them! But Mom said I have to start taking the bottle because eventually I'm going to have to go to day care. And in the mean time, Mom wants to be able to get out of the house once in awhile. For example, in September she's going to Let's Dish with her Mom's group and I'll be hanging out with Dad.

Oh, but the good news is that I slept 10 hours straight last night. It might have been a fluke, or the double swaddle Mom put me in last night. See, I'd been breaking out of the Miracle Blanket by midnight the last few nights (and waking up when it happened), so after wrapping me in the MB she wrapped me up in the Swaddle Me blanket. Worked like a charm!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Hi,

Just want you to know that I enjoy this blog. I'm anxious to meet you, my little great nephew!!! Hope all is well.

Love ya,

Jeanne