Sunday, August 26, 2007

August in DC

Wondering where I've been again? Well, it's August in Washington, D.C. -- everyone goes a little off the radar this month. I promise to start blogging more often. I don't want to lose any of my precious readers!

Since my last missive, I've been off and on with STTN - some nights I have slept from bedtime at 7 or 8 until 4:30 or 5 am, but others I've added a 1:30 am waking. Hopefully soon things will get more consistent. Tonight I went to bed without any tears -- hopefully this is a good sign.

Memere came back to hang out with us while Dad was in Portland, Maine, for a wedding. On Friday, we went to the doctor because Mom was concerned about what she was seeing in my diaper (I'll leave that up to your imagination). Turns out, I may have an allergy to milk protein and/or soy. This was not good news for Mom, who as a fisheterian (see here - I'm talking about the first meaning of the word only, ahem) practically lives on cheese and other dairy products. She's cutting out dairy first to see if that helps, but if it doesn't soy is next. Again, this is quite a blow to my tofu-loving Mama.

On Saturday, we went into DC for the Babywearing Expo. It was smaller than we thought, and VERY crowded so we didn't stay long. But Mom found her next baby carrier! We can't wait for it to show up, once she picks out which of 8 patterns she wants ...

No comments: