Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New words and sounds

Well, we just had a fun four-day weekend for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday and the Inauguration! I spent most of the time at home, though, because it was really cold and we didn't want to get stuck in inauguration traffic. On Sunday, Nana and Papi came down to watch me while Mom and Dad went to the inaugural concert on the mall, and on Monday I got to go to open play at My Gym, which was really fun. I've never been there before! On Tuesday we stayed home and watched the festivities on teevee. We took lots of pictures and Mom and Dad will upload them soon!

I have a couple of new words and sounds. First, I say "egg" now. Scrambled eggs are one of my favorite things to eat, so it's only fitting I know how to say egg! Another new word is "bee" as in bumble bee. We have a bumble bee hanging from the ceiling in my room at daycare and my teacher taught me how to say "bee." I am also saying "beep beep" now when I drive my little cars and trucks around the house. I also can make the sounds elephants and lions make. My new favorite song now is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." This weekend, I climbed into a laundry basket and pretended I was rowing a boat.

Finally, I know who President Obama is. When Mom or Dad ask who the president is, I find his picture on one of the magazines laying around the house (he's on the cover of practically all of them!) or, on inauguration day, I pointed to him on the teevee. I can say his name, too!

No comments: