Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day Two of the Transition

Well, I started in the Busy Bees classroom yesterday. I was only there for an hour, during circle time, and it was a little rough. All of those new faces! But my new teacher helped me work on a puzzle and pretty soon I felt more at home. Today, I was there for two hours. Still a little crying, but I'm doing better. Both days, Mom said she checked on me during my nap time and I was snoozing peacefully in the cot. (I'm still napping in my old room, until Thursday.)

Here's the schedule for the next few days: Tomorrow I will be there from around 9:30 - 12:30, and I'll even eat lunch in the Busy Bees room. Then on Thursday, I'll be there almost all day, until 3 pm. So I'll be eating and napping in my new room. Friday is my first full day there.

I'm nervous but really looking forward to meeting some new friends! And I'll get to do lots of big kid stuff during the day, like read books and do crafts. Today we painted snowflakes with glitter! We will also get to go out to the playground on site twice a day, weather permitting. And I'll probably start talking up a storm pretty quickly, too - those kids over there are chatterboxes!

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I also need to post some pictures of Christmas part deux with Nana and Papi. I got a tricycle, among other cool things! I also turned 19 months old yesterday, hard to believe!

No comments: