Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New words and tricks

I've got lots of new words and tricks these days. When I see a firetruck or school bus, I start singing the song from my push firetruck toy or the "Wheels on the Bus" song (although you can't exactly make out the words). I also know what cows say ("moo") and, on a good day, what chickens say ("cluck," although this sounds more like I'm clicking my tongue). I also know what sounds cars make ("vroom")! I'm also saying "Hi!" My word for book is "DA!" (not sure where I got that from)

I can also find the mouse in the Goodnight Moon book, though I need a little help sometimes on two of the pages where the mouse does a really good job hiding. I can also point to the red balloon, the cow, moon, and kitty cats.

I just got a new Christmas book this weekend, The Bear Stays Awake for Christmas, which is a follow-up to The Bear Snores On, one of my favorite books. Anyhow, I recognized the bear on the cover from the The Bear Snores On immediately and demonstrated my fake sneeze to prove it to Mom and Dad. See, if you're not familiar with the first book in the series, there's a really great scene where the mouse is seasoning the stew and a pepper fleck makes the bear sneeze and wake up from his long slumber. I can't wait until we get to this page every time I read this book, and I love to sneeze along with the bear.

No comments: