Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day and Meeting the Real Santa

Just thought I'd pop in to wish my dear readers a Happy (belated) Thanksgiving. We had a great week. Mom, Dad and I only went to work on Monday and then we took the rest of the week off. We went to visit Nana and Papi for Thanksgiving and also got to see Aunt Carly and Mom's Aunt Judi. We'll be sure to post pictures once Mom and Dad get their act together and upload them. Yesterday we had great weather so we got to spend lots of time outside, helping Dad decorate the house for Christmas and taking a walk down to the playground to run around. Mom says I scare her on the playground - I like to be such a daredevil and walk all the way up the big kids slide!

Then today, after a nice nap we went to the mall to take our picture with Santa. I say "our" picture because there was no way I was going to let Mom put me on the lap of that big man in red with the scary beard by myself! It was funny because Mom and Dad weren't prepared to get their pictures taken. (I'll post that pic soon, as well.) After all was said and done, though, I was excited to meet the Real Santa and even smiled and waved at him as we left.

I say Real Santa because who else would get paid $175 an hour to work in the mall!? You have to check out this story. (Oh, and read the first comment below the article - who knew Michigan was the only state to have a real Santa school?) Real Santa made national (and international) news because the mall hired a new photography company that came with its own "santa" impersonator and Real Santa sued to keep his job. Which he did, after thousands of people wrote letters and e-mails to the mall management. So yes, I got to meet the Real Santa today, after all!

No comments: