Thursday, June 5, 2008

Even Dad gets to guest blog

Dad wants to get in on the blog action. I have granted him the title of "Special Birthday Correspondent" for this occasion. Take it away, Dad...


What can I say? It was a year ago right now that I was holding you in my arms, looking at you with utter amazement. We had seen your picture in ultrasounds, heard your heartbeat through a doppler, and tried to guess what color your hair would be, your weight (you had us guessing there for a little while), and length. Nothing could have prepared us for the handsome boy that appeared at 9:39 am. There was no denying you were ours -- you and Mom bonded immediately after you were born, and when it was my turn to hold you, I fell in love. You transformed us...each day is a new adventure and a new chance to be part of your life.

You are an amazing 1 year old. Your laugh, your one-handed crawling, your little dance in your highchair, your wonderment at the things we all take for granted (and Truman) is all part of what makes you you. You are truly a joy. Thank you for being part of our life.

Happy Birthday, Son!

No comments: