Monday, May 19, 2008

New daycare and a new tooth!


Why, hello there! (yes, this is a pre-haircut pic). Mom's been really slacking on the blogging as of late, as work and life have been super busy! But we wanted to give you all an update on what's been going on at Chateau Valliere. Most recently, I cut tooth #3. It's not one of the top two middle incisors, as you'd typically expect. It's the next incisor over on the top left. It's going to look pretty funny as it comes in if the other ones don't show up soon!


Other than that, I'm settling in at Tiny Findings which, as you'll recall, is in mom's building at work. It's nice to be able to drive in with Mom and Dad in the morning and have Mom visit me during the day (or spy on me while I'm sleeping). It was a rough transition, though. There are 8 other kids in my class (twice the size of my in-home daycare) and four teachers, so lots of new people to get to know. But we do so much fun stuff, like finger painting and cooking projects (we made ants on a log with celery, cream cheese and raisins). And we take field trips to the National Zoo, the Smithsonian butterfly garden and other fun places. I'm really starting to enjoy it.


Also, I seem to be transitioning to just one nap a day now. At first, I thought I might just take one nap at daycare when all the other kids are sleeping but still take 2 at home. Not so! I just wasn't tired when Mom tried to put me down this weekend! And of course, we scheduled my first birthday party at noon, thinking I'd still be on my 2 naps schedule. Oops! So if you show up and I'm sleeping, you'll know why!! Although I can't imagine sleeping on such an important day!

No comments: