Saturday, July 19, 2008

5, 10, 15 steps!

I took my first two steps on the fourth of July when we were up visiting Memere and Grandpa, but Mom didn't get to see them. Since then, I've taken a few steps here and there but nothing regular. But I really started to get the hang of it this week. Since Thursday I've been taking as many as 15 steps at one time before dropping to my knees and crawling. The funny thing is, since I've been working on walking I've forgotten how to crawl. I used to be Speedy Gonzalez but now I'll crawl really fast a bit and then sprawl flat on the ground. I, of course, think this is hilarious!

In other news, I also started saying my first "word." We have these touch and feel flash cards with pictures of animals and cars and things on them. When someone shows me the dog flash card, I start barking softly "woof woof." Everyone gets a kick out of this.

No comments: